|My last meat meals ever?|
<<--- These are the receipts from the last 2 meals I ate that contained meat. The burger was too big and overpriced.... like a lot of burgers. It was at the Richmond airport going on a work trip. The pool-side hotel bar fare? I shouldn't have ordered the wings but I was sooooo hungry and pickins were slim (and pricey -yikes!).
At this point, I hadn't thought about no more pepperoni pizza. No more crock pot pork roast. No more Thanksgiving turkey. No more corn dogs or beef jerky or other iterations of meat products that have become near staples of society. When I do think of those things, I do frown a little bit. But strangely, I don't miss it and I don't want it. I have great memories associated with eating those things, but I think my emotions have to do more with the convenience and the company and very little to do with the content.
Some pretty cool things that have happened related to my vegetarianismness:
- We've cooked and eaten at home more!
- I feel like I've lost a little bit of weight.
- I got the kids to eat veggie corn dogs and veggie sausage! Okay so they have the words 'sausage' and 'dogs' in them.... but they were veggie so they count!
- My dear husband has eaten things he has before sworn he would not.
- I've been proud of myself for not simply replacing meat with cheese and eggs. Seriously - we're eating more veggie and seriously loving it.
Have you ever thought of becoming vegetarian? Get on the train! Let's figure it out together.